Gas can be dangerous if not controlled or contained in the right way. Work must therefore only be attempted on ANY gas appliance by a Gas Safe registered engineer such as myself who has the relevant skills, tools and competency to complete the work safely. The Gas Safe Register, which has replaced Corgi, is the regulatory body that oversees the gas industry along with engineers working on gas appliances.
Whether you have a gas fired boiler, fire, cooker, or all three, I can carry out a full inspection of each appliance to check that it meets current safety standards, and is operating in a safe manner, and as the manufacturer intended. If the appliance does not comply with safety regulations I will be straightforward and honest about what additional work may be necessary. It could be something very minor that is required.
My gas appliance service package covers boilers, fires and cookers. Please see the Pricing
page for an outline of what a regular service will cost. An appliance service includes the following aspects:
- The checking and adjustment, if necessary, of your gas appliance, controls and components to ensure it is working correctly
- The checking and adjustment, if necessary, of the appliance’s working pressure to ensure it is operating within the correct parameters
- The checking and adjustment, if necessary, of the appliance’s built-in safety devices
- A digital analysis and readout where necessary of the flue gases to determine how efficiently the appliance is operating, and how much carbon monoxide is being produced by its normal operation
- The checking of your radiators, radiator valves and exposed pipework for leaks and corrosion
- The checking for scale damage and possible corrosion to your boiler and system
- The cleaning of vital parts to help prevent carbon monoxide incidents and improve gas efficiency
As a general outline, I can offer the following gas related services:
- Central heating upgrades, breakdown and repairs
- Boiler servicing and repairs
- Gas fire servicing and repairs
- The installation of gas cookers and gas hobs
- Landlord certificates
- Gas safety certificates
- The upgrading of gas pipework
Gas Xpress registered business and engineer details can be checked at
www.gassaferegister.co.uk or by calling 0800 406 5500.